How do I cook a 2 inch steak?
How to Cook Cowboy Steak in the Oven
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. …
- Place steaks on the rack of a broiler pan. …
- For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 19-21 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point.
How do I cook a 2 inch thick steak?
2-inch steaks are quite thick but on the other hand not thick enough for too much cooking. With that in mind, the best way to cook a 2′ thick steak is by grilling it to medium-rare. Medium rare temperature ranges between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill a 2 inch thick steak?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium. To cook a 3-inch-thick steak, use indirect heat.
How do you cook a 1/2 inch thick steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
What temperature do you grill a 2 inch steak?
The best temperature for steaks is 450°F to 500°F. 4. Put your steaks on the grill, close the lid, and set your timer for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your steak. (Refer to our grill guide for more accurate times.)
How do I cook the perfect thick steak?
These tips will turn you into a pro in no time!
- Salt the steak at least 30 minutes in advance (but, preferably, overnight) Salting is the very best thing you can do for a large steak. …
- Prepare your steak for the grill. …
- Grill over indirect heat. …
- Sous Vide your Steak. …
- Use a Meat Thermometer. …
- Don’t Forget to Let it Rest.
How do you grill a 2 inch ribeye steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick -cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2 – inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil.