Who consumes the most chicken in the world?
The countries that recorded the highest levels of poultry per capita consumption in 2019 were Malaysia (63 kg per person), the US (58 kg per person) and Brazil (57 kg per person).
Popularity of poultry continues globally
- China (20 million tonnes),
- the US (19 million tonnes) and.
- Brazil (12 million tonnes).
Who are the top 3 states in chicken meat production?
Broiler Chicken Industry Key Facts 2019
- Americans consume more chicken than anyone else in the world – more than 93.5 pounds per capita in 2018 – the number one protein consumed in the United States.
- The top 5 broiler producing states are: Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, North Carolina and Mississippi.
What are the top 10 states in production of broilers?
Leading Broiler Production States:
Top broiler production states include Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, and Texas.
What country eats the most poultry?
Based on a comparison of 155 countries in 2018, Israel ranked the highest in poultry meat consumption per capita with 67.5 kg followed by Trinidad and Tobago and USA. On the other end of the scale was Chad with 0.450 kg, Kenya with 0.610 kg and Ethiopia with 0.690 kg.
Where does the US get its chicken?
More than 99% of the chicken sold in the United States comes from chickens hatched, raised and processed in the United States. None currently come from China. Less than 1% of the chicken we consume is imported from Canada and Chile.
What state ranks first in broiler production?
Arkansas is the Nation’s number one poultry state, producing 760 million broilers in 1985 and a total poultry production value of $1.4 billion.